Be part of our team!
Welcome to the Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts volunteer website. We are so excited that you are interested in volunteering with us.
Our current season is now underway. If you are interested in volunteering with us, and can commit to two events each month, please feel free to complete the application below and our volunteer coordinator will contact you shortly afterwards.
Thank you for your interest in working with this dynamic group of volunteers in supporting the performing arts in Oakville!
We currently have the following volunteer roles available:
- Ticket Taker
- Outreach Ambassador
- Coat Check Attendant [currently no positions available for coat check]
We love our volunteers!
OCPA volunteer ushers and coat check attendants provide invaluable services by assisting patrons to their seats, answering questions, checking valuables, and most importantly, creating a pleasant and welcoming environment for our patrons.
The OCPA strives to be a destination for lovers of music, drama, comedy and dance. As an OCPA volunteer you will be a valued contributor to the performing arts community in Oakville. Help us make the magic happen! Opportunities are available for everyone (16 years old and up) looking to become part of a fun and exciting team!
Benefits of being an OCPA volunteer
- Have fun!
- Support local and international artists
- Meet new people
- Be part of a team
- Support the Oakville performing arts community
- Develop new skills
- Participate in training opportunities
- Participate in special Volunteer-only events
- Access to special offers
- Receive a record of hours
- Receive a reference letter for a job well done
- Excellent customer service skills
- Willingness to work as a team
- Ability to climb stairs and stand for an extended period of time
- Time commitment of 2 shifts per month (shift average is 3.5 hours)
- Minimum age of 16 years (volunteers under 18 require written parent consent)
- A passion for the performing arts
- Payment of $20 required towards purchase of uniform shirt (retail value of $50).
The first step to becoming an Oakville Centre volunteer is to complete the online application. Only those selected will be invited in for an interview. For more information, download a copy of our Volunteer Flyer or contact our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Our current season has come to a close. We will take a break for the summer and return in September. Please feel free to complete the application process. Our volunteer coordinator will reach out to when things are once again up and running. Thank you and enjoy your summer.
Thank you for your interest in being a part of the OCPA Volunteer Program!