Be part of our team!
The Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts has launched a new volunteer program to support the front of house department. We’re looking for enthusiastic people with a passion for the performing arts to volunteer in our front of house positions.
We currently have the following volunteer roles available:
- Ticket Taker
- Outreach Ambassador
- Coat Check Attendant [currently no positions available for coat check]
**Please note, our volunteer season runs September to June and our 2015/2016 season is almost complete. Any applications received after May 24, 2016 will be added to our potential volunteer list for the 2016/2017 season. Selected applicants will be contacted in August for interviews.**
We love our volunteers!
OCPA volunteer ushers and coat check attendants provide invaluable services by assisting patrons to their seats, answering questions, checking valuables, and most importantly, creating a pleasant and welcoming environment for our patrons.
The OCPA strives to be a destination for lovers of music, drama, comedy and dance. As an OCPA volunteer you will be a valued contributor to the performing arts community in Oakville. Help us make the magic happen! Opportunities are available for everyone (16 years old and up) looking to become part of a fun and exciting team!
Benefits of being an OCPA volunteer
- Have fun!
- Support local and international artists
- Meet new people
- Be part of a team
- Support the Oakville performing arts community
- Develop new skills
- Participate in training opportunities
- Participate in special Volunteer-only events
- Access to special offers
- Receive a record of hours
- Receive a reference letter for a job well done
- Excellent customer service skills
- Willingness to work as a team
- Ability to climb stairs and stand for an extended period of time
- Time commitment of 3 shifts per month
- Minimum age of 16 years (volunteers under 18 require written parent consent)
- A passion for the performing arts
- Payment of $20 required towards purchase of uniform shirt (retail value of $50).
The first step to becoming an Oakville Centre volunteer is to complete the online application. Only those selected will be invited in for an interview. For more information, download a copy of our Volunteer Flyer or contact our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in being a part of the OCPA Volunteer Program!