Technical Information - Main Auditorium
- All cast and crew are asked to enter and exit through the stage door at the southwest corner of the building.
- The stage door will be locked 15 minutes prior to the start of the performance. Alternatively clients can post security personnel at the stage door to control access.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises. This includes smoking written in the script as part of a play. Fake or unlit cigarettes should be used in their place.
- Alcoholic beverages are permitted only in licensed areas of the building and not in the dressing rooms or on stage.
- Food and beverages are not permitted on stage or in the auditorium. Water is permitted.
- Bulletin boards have been provided for displaying notices throughout the building. Notices taped to painted surfaces will be removed.
- A working Technical Supervisor is provided with every booking. Additional technical staff may be arranged through the technical office with two weeks notice.
- Additional equipment and gobos can be provided with two weeks notice at an additional charge.
- The fire curtain line must be able to be cleared within three minutes at any time during an event.
- The use of flammable solvents, open flame, or fire is not allowed on the premises without written permission from the Oakville Fire department.
- Only personnel authorized by the Technical Supervisor are permitted to operate Oakville Centre equipment, including the fily system and scissor lift.
- Nailing, screwing or stapling to the stage floor is prohibited.
- The auditorium must be completely cleared of all personnel 30 minutes prior to the performance. The Technical Supervisor will act as liaison with the House Manager to open the house and will be notified by the House Manager when the house is in.
- In order to arrange tuning we require two weeks notice if you intend to use one of our pianos.
- Any production planning on using pyrotechnics must contact the technical office a minimum of two weeks (four weeks is recommended) prior to the load in of the production. The authority having jurisdiction in Oakville is the Oakville Fire department.
- Any production planning on using auxiliary power must contact the technical department at least two weeks prior to the load in so that an electrician and ESA permits can be arranged.
- Any production planning on flying any scenic elements must provide details to the technical officeat least two weeks prior to the load in.
- The Oakville Centre requires that a house announcement be made at the start of every show stating that the use of flash photography and recording devices is strictly prohibited as well as a reminder to silence all electronic devices.
- All belongings, set pieces and equipment must be removed at the end of the booking unless cleared with the technical department one week in advance. Additional cost may be incurred.
- The Oakville Centre will not fly performers in the theatre. If you are considering flying performers contact the theatre immediately.
- Persons needing wheelchair access to the stage should contact the theatre in advance of booking the theatre.
- Productions intending to use live animals in a performance must obtain a permit from the Town of Oakville. See by-law number 2008-093.
- Videotaping of performances must take place in prearranged locations in the auditorium or Studio. Cameras must remain in a fixed location at all times when there is an audience in the room.
- Wireless internet access is available in the building at no charge. It is subject to the internet access policy of the Town of Oakville and can be restrictive.
- Skyjack SJIII 3219 scissor lift
- 6', 8', 10', & 12' step ladders
- 12 - 4' x 8' x 6" risers riser legs are available - contact the technical department for details.
- 4 - 4' x 4' x 6" risers
- 4 - 2' x 8' x 6" risers
- Wenger Diva concert shell - walls only no ceiling panels
- 50 Manhasset music stands
- 40 Manhasset music stand lights
- 70 Wenger Musician chairs black - straight back & armless
- 4 black wooden stools 30" tall
- 48" Clearsonic drum shield - 5 panels
- 4 rubber backed dark grey carpets 4' x 8'
- Lectern - solid oak with Littlelite and Countryman Isomax 4 microphone
- Yamaha CFIII 9' concert grand piano on stage only
- 1 Kawai upright piano located in the orchestra pit.
- Additional charge applies for mandatory tuning of piano prior to use.
- 5 rolls Harlequin Reversible black / grey dance floor (approx 44' x 2m per roll)
- 1 Le Maitre Radiance Haze Machine (additional charge applies)
- 1 Le Maitre G150 Fog Machine (additional charge applies)
- Laundry facilities are available at the theatre. The theatre has an iron, ironing board and professional steamer.
- Proscenium opening: width 38' height 18'
- Stage depth from apron to cyc: 40'
- Stage depth from apron to main curtain: 11'
- Stage right wing space: 10'
- Stage left wing space: 25'
- The loading dock is located upstage left at stage level. It is truck bed height.
- The door is 10' wide x 11'6" high
There is a house lighting plot. Please see drawing in section below for details.
- Strand Light Palette Live 1500 c/w 48 submasters & focus remote
- Strand Rack Palette full tracking backup
- DMX is distributed throughout the room using 2 Pathways Octo Nodes
- 288 Strand C21 dimmers (dimmer per circuit)
- Dimmers reside on a Strand Shownet network.
- Guest console access to the lighting network is provided through a Pathways 2 port node.
- All circuits are 20A 125V new style twistlock.
- 31 in the Front of House, 6 in SL box boom, 6 in SR box boom
- 10 on Concert pipe
- 24 on 1st electric - line set # 4
- 24 on 2nd electric - line set # 12
- 24 on 3rd electric - line set # 19
- 12 on cyc electric - line set # 23
- 18 on 4th electric - line set # 27
- 32 on floor, 2 in the orchestra pit
- 60 circuits stage left wall at 22' AFF - 10 socapex
- 24 circuits stage right on cable drops from grid - 4 socapex
- 1 circuit on each electric is reserved for work lights
- 33 Strand SL zoom 15-32 degree - 575 W - Located in the FOH catwalk only
- 6 ETC Source Four 14 degree - 750 W
- 20 ETC Source Four 19 degree - 750 W (4 permanently located in box boom)
- 20 ETC Source Four 26 degree - 750 W (2 permanently located in box boom)
- 56 ETC Source Four 36 degree - 750 W
- 12 ETC Source Four 50 degree - 750 W
- 6 ETC Source Four 70 degree - 750 W
- 6 ETC Source Four 90 degree - 750 W
- 4 ETC Source Four Lustr+ 19 degree - LED (4 permanently located in box boom)
- 12 ETC Source Four Lustr+ 26 degree - LED (2 permanently located in box boom)
- 20 ETC Source Four Lustr+ 36 degree - LED
- 36 Strand 6" Fresnelites - 1 kW - c/w barn doors
- 36 ETC Source Four Pars - 750 W - normally narrow lenses
- 6 Strand Iris 4 - 4 colour x 6 fixtures - 1 kW - 4 colours of cyc lights
- 27 Altman FC-1 ground row cyc lights - 1 KW - 3 colours of ground row
- 6 Varilite VL1000TS moving lights - 1200W (additional charge applies)
- 2 Lycian 1275 long throw follow spots - 1200 W - HMI located in booth only
- 2 Arri 3" Fresnels - 300 W - c/w barn doors
- 2 Martin Atomic 3000 strobe lights
- 2 Chauvet black lights - LED
- 12 Elation Optiquad par - LED
- Colour Media
We stock all Roscolux 2 digit and 3 digit colours.
- Auxiliary Power
- 400A 3 phase 5 wire Down Stage Left with Cam-lock connectors
- 200A 3 phase 5 wire Down Stage Left with Cam-lock connectors
- 200A 3 phase 5 wire Down Stage Right
- 100A 3 phase 5 wire Up Stage Centre with Cam-lock connectors
- 10 - 8' or 12' Boom Stands
- 12 - Floor Plates
- 1 mirror ball 20" with American DJ DMX controlled mirror ball motor
- 2 Diversitronics ESM-DMX Strobe caps for ETC Source Fours ellipsoidal fixtures
- 12 City Theatrical drop in iris for ETC Source Fours (#2180)
- 6 City Theatrical drop in iris for Strand SL's (#2186)
- 24 A size City theatrical sandwich gobo holders (#2150)
- 24 B size City theatrical sandwich gobo holders (#2160)
- 24 A size City theatrical tab gobo holders (#2050)
- 24 B size City theatrical tab gobo holders (#2060)
- 12 B size City Theatrical glass gobo holders (#2173)
These documents require the free Adobe Reader. For AutoCAD versions of the theatre drawings. please contact the technical office.
Building Layout - Upper (pdf, 81 kB)
Building Layout - Lower (pdf, 92 kB)
Technical Questionnaire (pdf, 32 kB)
Auditorium Technical Information (pdf, 229 kB)
Auditorium Floor Plan and Elevation (pdf, 459 kB)
Auditorium House Lighting Plot 2014 (pdf, 545 kB)