Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts
Covid 19 - Patron Safety Plan
• As always, please stay at home if you are sick, keep 2-metre distance from others and wash your hands with soap and water frequently or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• The theatre can operate at 50% capacity but at the same time must ensure 2-metre social distancing between patron groups and artists, so capacity is approximately 100 people.
• All patrons, staff and artists must wear non-medial face masks while in the theatre (Halton By-law 47-20). Artists do not have to wear a mask while performing but must be 2-metres away from the audience at all times.
• Hand sanitizer is available at entry and exit points in the theatre and at convenient locations in the lobby.
Box Office and Tickets
• Every patron must have a ticket, even if the event is free. For contact tracing purposes, the ticket purchaser will be considered the primary contact for any guests and will be expected to have contact information for each member of their party.
• We would like your ticketing process to be as contactless as possible. To that end, we encourage you to purchase your ticket online or over the phone and have your ticket sent to you via email. You can then either print the tickets at home or show us the tickets on your smart device.
• In addition to wearing masks, the Box Office staff will have a plexiglass barrier in front of them.
• Box Office hours are Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. by telephone and 2 hours prior to curtain in person on show days.
All patrons, staff and artists must complete their own Covid 19 screening online before entering the facility. Before you leave for the theatre, please complete your online screening
If you are unable to do this screening online, paper forms will be made available for you before you enter the theatre.
Everyone over the age of 12 will require proof of identification and proof of full Covid 19 double vaccination (or medical exemption) prior to entering the Oakville Centre. Please check out the Town of Oakville’s Proof of Vaccination Requirements FAQ
for more detailed information.
• All patrons and staff must wear masks while lined up 2-metres apart waiting to enter and at all times while inside the theatre.
• Staggered arrival times of patrons may be used to lessen line ups outdoors and congregation in the lobby. You will be notified 48 hours in advance by email if arrival times are to be staggered.
• Outdoors, patrons will be directed into two lineups, one to use the Box Office and the other to get your ticket scanned. Staff will ensure that groups in these line ups are 2-metre socially distanced.
• The doors to the Lobby and the auditorium will open, at the same time, one half hour before curtain. Upon entry to the lobby, you will be directed immediately to your seats, to discourage congregation in the lobby.
• At this time, there will be no food or beverages allowed into the lobby or auditorium and masks must be worn the entire time you are inside the theatre. Please do not bring any food or beverages with you to the Theatre. There will be no intermission during the show and the bar will remain closed.
• The capacity of both of the larger lobby washrooms is 2 patrons at a time. Signage is posted and staff will monitor this, to ensure safe social distancing in these spaces.
• When the show is over, please remain seated. Our staff will direct each row to exit one at a time, starting at the back of the auditorium. This will ensure 2-metre social distancing as you exit the theatre.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
• High touch areas such as washrooms and door handles, etc. will be cleaned and disinfected a minimum of 3 times while the building is occupied.
• Deep cleaning of the theatre and auditorium is done after every show using an UVM216 Ultraviolet Disinfection Unit. Small technical items like hearing assist headsets and microphones are cleaned in a UV4C Ultraviolet Disinfection Cabinet.
This document was accurate at the time we posted it. We will update it, as the official provincial opening plan progresses. Please check back here before you come to the show, to view any changes to our Covid 19 Patron Safety Plan.
Finally - Please remember we are all in this together. – Our staff is here to help and will be on hand during your visit to provide guidance and answer any questions you may have. Welcome back!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-815-2021 with any questions or concerns.