Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts
Covid 19 - Patron Safety Plan
• As always, please stay at home if you are sick, keep 2-metre distance from others and wash your hands with soap and water frequently or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Hand sanitizer is available at entry and exit points in the theatre and at convenient locations in the lobby.
Box Office and Tickets
• Every patron must have a ticket, even if the event is free.
• We would like your ticketing process to be as contactless as possible. To that end, we encourage you to purchase your ticket online or over the phone and have your ticket sent to you via email. You can then either print the tickets at home or show us the tickets on your smart device.
• Box Office hours are Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. by telephone and 2 hours prior to curtain in person on show days.
• Active screening is no longer required to enter the Oakville Centre. Instead we ask all patrons, staff and artists do their own Covid 19 self screening before entering the facility.
• Proof of Vaccination is also no longer required to enter the Oakville Centre.
• Masks are no longer required while in the building.
• The doors to the Lobby will open 45 minutes prior to curtain and the auditorium will open approximately one half hour before curtain.
• Please do not bring any food or beverages with you to the theatre.
• There is a change in policy for the backstage area effective immediately. There will be no guests/parents/friends allowed backstage before or after rehearsals and performances. Backstage will be strictly for performers, chaperones, administrative staff and technicians. This is a safety issue. Fire Regulations do not allow us to continue to let any one who wants to, have access to that area. This will be strictly enforced and doors to backstage will be kept locked.
•If you require certain people to come backstage, you must accompany them or provide us with a list prior to the performances, so that Front of House (FOH) staff and the security guard at the stage door, can allow them entry. Please make sure your parents, etc., are aware that they will not be allowed to go backstage.
•Arrangements for picking up any children performing must be made for either the lobby or the stage door, and this information needs to be communicated to FOH Manager Diana McCoy in advance of your performance day.
•Please be aware that all of your support staff and volunteers should be wearing identification from your company in the form of name tags, paper name tags or lanyards at rehearsals and performances. This is important to help identify everyone in the backstage area and help us find those in charge in the case of an emergency. If you require clarification or have questions please contact Debora Johns, Theatre Manager, directly.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
• High touch areas such as washrooms and door handles, etc. will be cleaned and disinfected a minimum of 3 times while the building is occupied.
• Deep cleaning of the theatre and auditorium is done after every show using an UVM216 Ultraviolet Disinfection Unit. Small technical items like hearing assist headsets and microphones are cleaned in a UV4C Ultraviolet Disinfection Cabinet.
This document was accurate at the time we posted it. We will update it, as the official provincial opening plan progresses. Please check back here before you come to the show, to view any changes to our Covid 19 Patron Safety Plan.
Finally - Please remember we are all in this together. – Our staff is here to help and will be on hand during your visit to provide guidance and answer any questions you may have. Welcome back!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-815-2021 with any questions or concerns.